In mid-December, I posted the following comment about Leif and his obsession with Matchbox cars on Facebook: "Watching Leif slowly rolling his Matchbox vehicles around (and around and around and around) on a tabletop is like watching someone rake their mini Zen garden. He is totally serene and at one with his kahs, kucks, and vans." A few weeks later, I finally managed to get a video illustrating this (which was easier said than done, since if Leif notices that he is being videotaped he often stops doing whatever he had been doing and stares at the camera instead). I'd estimate that Leif has spent at LEAST an hour (in total, spread out over the course of each day) most days of the week for the past several months doing exactly what you see in this video, and to my amazement, he has yet to tire of it. I envy his single-minded dedication to his favorite pastime -- it is more than I can muster these days!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment