Despite being steamed to be very soft, the carrot seemed like a bit of a choking hazard, so that is getting pureed tomorrow! The cucumber was good to suck on, and the broccoli I would say was a moderate success.
September 26, 2010
Finger foods
Now that Leif is seven months old (!), we've started to give him a few finger foods in addition to pureed food. He's not able to grip very small pieces of food yet, so for now I'm offering him large, easy to grab pieces of soft foods like steamed broccoli and carrot so he at least has the chance to practice picking up food, bringing it to his mouth, and gumming or licking it to get the flavor, if nothing else. He seems a bit skeptical of this food with actual texture since his other experiences with food to date have all involved runny purees, but he's curious and gives the endeavor his full attention (while making some funny faces).
Despite being steamed to be very soft, the carrot seemed like a bit of a choking hazard, so that is getting pureed tomorrow! The cucumber was good to suck on, and the broccoli I would say was a moderate success.
Despite being steamed to be very soft, the carrot seemed like a bit of a choking hazard, so that is getting pureed tomorrow! The cucumber was good to suck on, and the broccoli I would say was a moderate success.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment